Charlie de Eend
Olaf & Elmar
|Running games in DOSBOX|
DOSBox is a free DOS emulator that allows you to play DOS-based games on fast computers with
Windows. Use this if you can't get the games to run on your PC. You will need to have a fast computer
to get the games to run at a decent speed.
- Download and run the program:
(this will install DOSBox 0.65 on your PC).
- Run DOSBox (Start, Programs, DOSBox-0.65, DOSBox), you will see a DOS window with a Z:\> prompt.
- Now, type: MOUNT C C:\ (and press Enter)
Now you are in DOSBox, you can run any DOS game on your C: drive. The following instructions show how to
run Charlie the Duck (assuming it was installed in the standard location: C:\Program Files\Wiering Software\Charlie the Duck\).
You can run other games in the same way, but you need to know where to find them. If you have an icon of a game
on your desktop, right-click it and select properties. Its the "Working folder" in the tab program.
- Type: C:
- Type: CD \PROGRA~1\WIERIN~1\CHARLI~1 (the exact name may differ on your system, so
type the first few letters and then press [Tab], so: cd \pro[tab]\wie[tab]\ch[tab], sometimes you might need
to press [tab] two or three times to get the right one).
- Type: CHARLIE (that should start the game)
- During the game, you can adjust the speed (CPU Cycles) with Ctrl+F11 (slower) and Ctrl+F12 (Faster).
For Charlie, 15000 seems pretty much like the original speed (though this will probably differ for each computer).
- If the game still runs too slowly (Charlie I, Sint or Super Angelo), set BACKGROUND to STATIC (Main menu, Options).
- When you're finished, type: EXIT to quit.
© Copyright 2017, Wiering Software. Alle rechten voorbehouden.
Niets van deze site (tekst, afbeeldingen) mag worden gekopieerd zonder toestemming vooraf
van Wiering Software.