Here are some questions many people ask about this game:
- How do you get past level 4?
If you can't get past level 4, that's because you've got
the hacked beta version from 1994 in which the 4th level was not
finished. That level (see image below) is now number 6.
Get the newest version here.
- How do you get past those two fish in level 1?
I can't jump far enough!
Hold [Ctrl] down while you run and jump, then you
can easily get over that gap.
- Will you make a new / larger version of this game?
Not of Mario, but I've made some other platform games
which you can find here.
- Help, I can't compile the game!
Make sure Turbo Pascal has been installed correctly and that
TPC.EXE is in a directory in the PATH. From the directory
with the source code type:
TPC /M /L MARIO
- After compiling the source I get a runtime error 002!
Get the CRT-patch for Turbo Pascal's TURBO.TPL file (search for TPPATCH).